Following hot on the heels of the success of their sultry, aviation-themed 2011 calendar, five unemployed Mexicana airline stewardesses will now appear on the front cover of the new issue of Playboy.
Three months ago, 10 stewardesses with troubled Mexicana Airlines, which filed for bankruptcy in August and suspended operations, launched a sexy calendar in a bid to call attention to their own plight and that of their airline. The flight attendants originally printed 1000 copies of their calendar, but the media frenzy surrounding the event saw a second run produced.
Mexicana halted dozens of domestic and international routes and stopped selling tickets after requesting creditor protection in August under Mexico’s insolvency law.
• Bikini-clad cabin crew in Ryanair 2011 calendar
• Virgin Atlantic has hottest air hostesses
• Struggling Mexico flight attendants strip for calendar
• Russian airlines run risqué adverts
• Branson to become flight attendant in February