The Shard, London’s new skyscraper and the tallest building in western Europe, has opened its doors to the public – but at a significant cost. Seb Morton-Clark from the Financial Times looks at how the ticket price for one of the best views of London compares with other observation decks around the world.
Travel Snitch’s very own Rachel Ogden took a trip up the tower on the day it opened and took this quite spectacular image.
• Snow continues to affect Heathrow
• New bid for London black cab firm
• Plans unveiled for £40bn island airport in English Channel
• Sunday lunch in London’s East End
• Southampton Arms named ‘London Pub of the Year’
[via the FT]